City Garden, Dublin 7
Low maintenance patio space for entertaining while providing privacy from neighbouring apartments.The client specifically requested decorative gravel, light coloured paving and vibrant flower colours with some quirky garden ideas.
Multifunctional & connected spaces to make full use of limited area (main area 4.75mx6. courtyard 2.5x2.75m) - seated entertaining area, private courtyard,central patio with raised planters to accommodate larger parties. Integrate the interior and exterior spaces stylistically and physically.
- Bespoke wooden fence and arch to add height to existing boundary wall with 6m giant timber bamboo in raised planter to provide privacy from overlooking apartment buildings without blocking sunlight in this west facing aspect.
- Rendered painted walls throughout in colourtrend Oslo & Cyclone
- L shaped planter with integrated bench seating to work around new utility room and avail of afternoon and evening sun. Bushy fargesia bamboo are used as a multifunctional design element to provide a windbreak & block views down a side alley which can be a wind tunnel & also to enclose the entertaining space to give a cosy secluded feeling.
- Courtyard in dappled shade with evergreen jasmine and steel rope supports & wooden arch for climber to grow across. climbers create beautiful shadow textures on rendered wall
- Patio designs with cut out paving planter beds at ground level mulched with beach cobble to add interesting/quirky ground patterns and textures. Patios paved in Cambridge ivory.
- Bespoke table using rendered block support and cast concrete table top.Vibrant flower colours provided by Rudbeckia,Crocosmia 'Emily Mc Kenzie' Miscanthus, Verbena bonariensis, Geum 'Mrs Bradshaw', Persicaria & Achillea 'Paprika'