Georgian Village Garden, Dublin 15
Design Brief & solution:
Georgian Village garden located in Castleknock Dublin 15 garden is a luxurious contemporary garden meticulously finished with exquisite planting and detailing. Bespoke features such as the outdoor gas fire, cascading water feature, hand crafted garden benches and slatted teak cladding add to the sense of understated sophistication.
The garden is north facing, quite shallow and with an imposing property elevation so a key consideration was to bring in as much light as possible. The use of light coloured materials such as Italian travertine paving, silver granite setts, wall capping and self colour wall render bounce light around the garden and act as a foil to the lush green foliage. The light colours are contrasted with the restrained use of black in the pebbles on the water feature and gas fire, the black stemmed bamboo, Aquilega black barlow, dark purple hellebores and Actaea brunette.
The raised planters are generously filled with buxus balls planted in random organic patterns to provide evergreen structure and underplanted with a slection of bulbs, grasses and perennials to provide seasonal colour, contrast and texture.
- Italian travertine paving
- Silver granite setts, capping and kerbs
- Black river pebble tiles
- Resin bound gravel driveway
- Custom made teak garden benches
Garden fencing & screen
- Bespoke slatted teak wooden fencing & screen
- Rendered block walls with silver granite capping
- Cascading water feature clad in Italian travertine and black river pebble tiles
- Bespoke 1.5m wide outdoor gas fire clad in Italian travertine and black river pebble surround
- Feature plants - Black bamboo, box balls, Cornus Kousa, Acer Palmatum, evergreen jasmine, agapanthus, ferns, astelia